Contributors

Monday, July 14, 2014

Can you answer these questions?

Can you answer these questions?  If not, it may be time to talk to an attorney.

If I died yesterday, who would get my property? Who would take care of my children?
If I became incapacitated (can no longer make my own decisions), who would pay my bills?  Who would take care of my physically?
Does my family know if I want extreme life saving measures taken if I am in a hospital?
How much of my ex-spouse's retirement do I get?
Where will my children spend their summer break this year, with me or my ex-spouse?
Who pays for my children's healthcare, me or my ex-spouse?  Who gets the tax credit for my child?

If you can't answer some of these questions, it may be time to meet with an attorney.  The right attorney can help you figure out what you want the answers to these questions to be and how to accomplish those goals.  Whether it is through a custody agreement, a will, a power of attorney or other process, an attorney can make sure you are competent on your wishes and that your family knows those wishes. 

These questions are important and you should know the answers to each and every one of them.  If you would like to speak with us regarding any of the above questions or any questions you have in general, please contact us at (804) 447-0146 or clbaudean@baudeanlaw.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment